Friday, June 10, 2016

Data Fitting to Theory

"As a Professional scientist, I'm continually observing" (Indiana Jones in "Temple of Doom"). But yes, it is definitely good advice! I've continued with my lateral hip stretching for not just ~1 minute like we used to do at the SCTC workouts, but for 10+ minutes on end, with short break, then again (like, when watching Warriors playoff games), and I can gratefully say that I've had no left psoas or hip flexor pain, despite now running 3-5 miles every day for the past 2 weeks. And that includes barefoot running on hard beach sand as well. It also includes no special medial glute work on the machines at the gym, which I used to think might be the secret. For today, just a short 2+ mile run to the beach for a cool ocean swim with the Santa Cruz Triathlon Association; it's summer and the Friday evening mile swims around the wharf are now getting some good participation. Beautiful sunny clear day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment