Saturday, November 28, 2015

Low Key Hill Climb - Old La Honda Rd time trial

Rick Ferrell and I were both game for doing at least 4 of the Bay Area's most interesting cycling race series - the Low Key Hill Climbs (which are NOT "low key" in the quality of the competition). Local clubs show up, and for $10 you get to challenge all comers to the top of one of the Bay Area's beautiful and challenging hill climbs. This week - Nov 14 - we ascended Old La Honda Rd, which starts in Palo Alto and tops out on Skyline Rd. It's short and sweet - 3.35 miles and 1290 ft of climbing. Ferrell had me drive us over, and he continued on south on Skyline, down Mtn Charlie to Scotts Valley and his car. I followed till Page Mill Rd, then down, through the Stanford campus, and back to my car. 30 miles and 3000 ft of climbing for me, and more for Ferrell. Great morning! My other pix

No comments:

Post a Comment