Friday, May 25, 2012

The Chico Wildflower Century Ride


April 30 - My good L.A. friend Dave Wyman and I have made this an annual tradition - joining thousands of like cyclists enjoying the rivers, hills, and volcanic drama of the Chico countryside. My Santa Cruz friends learned what a great experience this ride is, last year, and this year we all enjoyed it together. Dave, brother Dan, and the Delucchi's, Joyce and Dino, Nancy and Jim. I've got pix, of course, but so far no time to make a photo page. I'll say, it was a delight once again. I rode with the Wyman's till the last aid station, at Durham, then short-cut back to Chico and a long cleansing dunk in the Bidwell Park pool before rejoining compadres at the finish line, for 88 miles total. Dave and Dan did the full 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment