Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Don't forget the Psoas Stretch

I've had a nice string of weeks without ~any hip psoas pain! Very gratifying. I think the problem with earlier this Fall was this - while I've been practicing the altered running form recommended by my PT Jeff Moreno, and strengthening my glutes, his recommendation was that I had plenty of flexibility in my psoas and it wasn't going to help with my problem.... and so I just stopped doing those one-legged psoas standing stretches, at the beach or anywhere. Big mistake! It's the total package that seems to minimize my pains. I resumed those stretches, while keeping the rest of the good advice, and have now done 4 weeks straight of long weekend hilly runs and NO hip psoas issues! Ferrell and I are now signed up for the Walnut Creek Half Marathon this coming Saturday, and the goal is to qualify for the Pikes Peak Half Marathon for 2020 (I have all of '19 to get in a qualifying half marathon, as well). So, we'll see how this Saturday goes... I did the waterfalls loop in Big Basin this past Sunday, and that went well; my longest run since the Double Dipsea this past June.

No comments:

Post a Comment